Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Beach fun…

So, most of the pictures are finally loading properly after putting them on CD’s and not trying to upload by using Picasa so I want to do some catching up in the next few days! I hadn’t forgotten about finishing my posts from the Harding family vacation so here’s the first one…
Thursday night we all spent the night in a hotel that was right on the beach! Frances did a fantastic job coordinating everything and found one that has great pricing!
Friday morning we all went down to the beach… It was SO much fun!
There was friendly rivalry between some of us as two guys led in building sandcastles! Needless to say, the most detailed and biggest one took the lead since the other one had alot of kids in the building process of it. A certain couple :) was very glad to be able to build most of the best one by themselves! We saw many people stopping to take pictures of the big one because it was still standing the whole time we were there! Several small sandcastles were also built by younger kids, but most of them were destroyed.:)
The water was cold, but several of us still just had to get in it. Some of us flew kites too. All in all it was a FANTASTIC morning, and we made so many great memories.
At lunch time we went back to the hotel to eat the leftover Sonny’s food (yum!) from the night before for lunch. Then that afternoon us girls went shopping, several of the ‘guys’ :)  went to putt putt with their Dads and then we all went to a park and had some delicious pizza for dinner. After dinner some of us went to Mickey D’s for ice cream, and then went to a big room in the hotel and talked and played games.
Here are some pictures from our morning…
-Charity

 DSC01122
This is my Father’s world,DSC01073
And to my listening ears,DSC01075
All nature sings, and round me rings.
DSC01089
the music of the spheres.DSC01249 This is my Father’s world,
DSC01103   I rest me in the thought   
DSC01269Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas--

DSC01106 His hand the wonders wrought.
DSC01107 This is my Father’s worldDSC01111
the birds their carols raise,
DSC01113
The morning light, the lily white,DSC01118
Declare their Maker’s praise.DSC01121
This is my Father’s world:
DSC01126
He shines in all that’s fair;DSC01155
In the rustling grass, I hear Him pass,
DSC01184He speaks to me everywhere.DSC01192
This is my Father’s world,DSC01198

O let me never forget  DSC01201   That though the wrong seems oft so strong,
DSC01188
     God is the ruler yet.
DSC01079
This is my Father’s world:DSC01088

The battle is not done;
DSC01068Jesus who died shall be satisfied,
 DSC01261
and Earth and Heaven be won.DSC01224
This is my Father’s World, by Maltbie D. Babcock.

“The world is mine, and all that is in it.” Psalm 50:12

No comments: