Thursday, June 16, 2011

Even though we don't understand...


So many times we can't understand why something is happening but we do know that God will continually gives us "grace and help in time of need".

Since yesterday I've been thinking about this alot.

Yesterday, I thought of when the baby Mom was expecting died in October 2000. I was only five at the time, but I remember some things. Mom said that when it happened she felt like life should just stop, there should be a funeral...and found it hard that everybody else didn't feel like life was falling apart too. Why did this have to happen? Why could the majority of people act like things were just fine? Her baby had died...life was not the same. But life had to go on...

What got me thinking about it was some sad news we heard yesterday. My aunt, who's a thousand miles away...just experienced the same thing...again. We're all hurting for, and feel just a little of the pain she's going through. I really can't wrap my mind around how hard it must be. But we try our best to enter into the pain she's feeling because we love them.

Then I heard good news too. Recently, a cousin of someone in our church was in a very severe accident. The doctors gave him a 1% chance of living. That's it. He had a surgery that only guaranteed 8% success. A week later, he was conscious and walking! The doctor's were absolutely astounded, and even said that "somebody must have been praying!" They were right...our whole church is praying!

I heard the praise about this man last night at church. Just a little earlier during church, everyone heard about my aunt's miscarriage. Some people live and others...go to heaven...just much, much earlier then we thought they should.

"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." Psalm 30:5b

This can certainly be very hard to swallow: Living or dying is completely out of our hands, and totally up to God. And even though we don't know why God's allowing them to go through this...we can still trust Him. Just as He has in past I know He'll give comfort and grace...He is with us each step of the way.

"Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer, thou shalt cry, and He shall say, Here I Am..." (Isaiah 58:9)


5 comments:

franny said...

Charity you have a true heart for people and God has gifted you in writing and putting your thoughts on paper. I love you Sweetheart and my heart truly aches too. Love, Grandma

Patrick and Hannah Walsh said...

My thoughts exactly, Mom. You write very good, and with feeling, which is the best attribute of a good writer. True what you said, and sometimes it takes experiencing what others are going through, to truly know what it feels like.
Love,
Hannah

Susan said...

I love you, Charity.

grammie said...

Very thought filled Sugar. Very thought provoking.
Love you

Mae said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. So happy the Lord has worked in your heart. We do serve a loving Father who loves us so very much even when we are walking through valleys in our life.