Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Weekend Trip...

It was the last weekend of August (which seems like ages ago now!...), and we had gotten the invitation to Uncle Gordon's retirement ceremony.

Since the Taylors live all the way in Ohio, and the wedding was the next weekend, Mom and Dad had originally decided that we weren't going. But then the weekend of the event they started rethinking it, and prayed about whether or not they should go. On Thursday morning, they felt God was directing them to go. Because gas is so expensive, it was cheaper to rent a car that got better gas mileage then to pay for gas to go in our truck.

Less than two hours after deciding, Dad had gotten a rental car, Mom and I'd gotten them packed, and it was time for goodbyes...

Alanna loved "exploring" the car before they left.

Andrew was so sweet to send monster trucks and cars for William to play with!


Ellen was on Cloud 9 about getting to go! [smile]





Willie was the other child who got to go! This picture was too cute to leave out.



Waving bye...



Ellen left this note for us in the bathroom. She wanted to make sure Rusty was well taken care of! [smile]


Talking on the phone before bedtime to Daddy!

The five left behind...

It was strange not having everyone else there for three days! But, we were plenty busy keeping up with everything, and had a great time together.

A welcome home sign! We put them all over the house.

They're here!
Dad, Mom, Ellen and William's short road trip went well, and they were so glad they went.


Alanna was very glad to have William and the others back home....

and so were the rest of us!


The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer ; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust ; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalm 18:2

2 comments:

Susan said...

Sweet pictures! I'm so glad your parents were able to go.

grammie said...

What a great journal of pictures!! I'm lovin your new camera! And I was lovin the "pearls" with the p.j.s on Rosebud! :-)
And I'm lovin you people!!