Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow, my family and I have so much to be thankful for! If I attempted to "count my blessings one by one" it would take waaay more time then I have to write this blog post! God has been so good to us!

{Some} blessings that first come to mind:

-thankful for Jesus Christ, who gave His life for us undeserving humans, so we can be saved, and have hope for life! "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through HIM might be saved."

-thankful for His great love for us! (goes along with number 1...)Romans 8:38 is so powerful! "For I am persuaded that neither life nor death, nor things present nor things to come, nothing, shall separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

-thankful for God's word and answers to prayer!

-thankful for the Holy Spirit!

-thankful for God's promises and that they're all "yay and amen in Christ Jesus"!

-thankful that HE never fails and is always there for us!

-thankful for my parents....and my six siblings! I can't imagine life without any of them. Each of them are a great blessing in my life! God has so blessed me with my family.

-thankful for all of my extended family: grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, adopted family... each and everyone of them... all special to me in one way or another.

-thankful for our country...freedom!...to be a Christian, to home school, to live such a comfortable life...I don't deserve any of it! But as the same time I'm very, very...

-thankful for all the wonderful people I know who know "that the sufferings of this present time aren't worthy to be compared to the glory which shall be revealed in us." They're such wonderful examples in my life. God is using them in my life and all around the world!

-thankful for the desire God alone places in us when we die to self to serve HIM anyway and anywhere He calls us.... and the great joy of serving Him through serving others.

-thankful that the little things with mankind are big things with God! And that we can "lay up treasure in heaven..."

-thankful for God's continual providing for the all the needs of my family and I.

-thankful for food, clothing, shelter...having that I'm to "therewith be content".

-thankful for my parents choosing the more difficult road at this time in homeschooling me and my other four siblings that are in school.

-thankful for the many good examples in my life, some family and some not... but each of them are a blessing to me. This includes the example my parents live before me each day of how godly spouses and parents should be!

-thankful for all the decisions my parents have made (goes along with the homeschooling one) that seem strange to those who don't serve and love God but are the best way....because they're God's way!

-thankful for the church I attend and that my Dad and Grandaddy are both pastors there!

-thankful for the strength and energy God made us with a He so amazingly designed our bodies!

-thankful for the beauty of God's creation!

-thankful for the joy of new life

-thankful for music...instruments to play and songs to sing

-thankful for running water and electricity, with other convenient appliances to boot, including cars, cameras, computers, phones, sewing machines, washers and lots more...I'm so spoiled with these things!

And, yes, I could go on and on and on...you get the picture! What about you--what are you thankful for?! For now, from all of my family and I want to wish you all a....


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!



I hope each of you have a wonderful thanksgiving and that you thank God for all His blessings on you!

O give thanks unto the Lord for He is good,
for his mercy endureth forever."
Psalm 118:1

2 comments:

Susan said...

Gorgeous leaf pictures! Happy Thanksgiving to you all! :)

grammie said...

Junior, you filled my heart with joy and my eyes with tears as I read of your thankfulness. I thank our Father for you and your testimony. I praise Him for what He has done, and will do, in your life. I love you, Sweetheart.