For the second time at Christmas, we're doing Sand Castle Brownie Mix as a gift... This recipe is fun and inexpensive to prepare so I wanted to pass the recipe on to y'all.
::Sand Castle Brownie Mix::
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
- In a 1-qt. glass container, layer the first seven ingredients in order listed, packing well between each layer. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (4-1/4 cups total).
- To prepare brownies: In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oil, vanilla and brownie mix. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 2 dozen.
- Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 159 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.