Wednesday, January 25, 2012

'Tis So Sweet...



Just to take Him at His Word!
Just to rest upon His promise,
Just to know thus saith the Lord!



Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er.
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus,
O for grace to trust Him more!




in the light of His word,
what a glory He sheds on our way!




While we do His good will,
he abides with us still,
and with all who will trust and obey!



Trust and obey for there's no other way,
to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey!


Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.





But we never can prove that delights of His love


For the favor He shows and the joy He bestows
are for them who will trust and obey!



Trust and obey for there's no other way,
to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey!



precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
and I know that He is with me,
will be with me to the end!















Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved him o'er and o'er.
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus;
O for grace to trust Him more!

{Words from two wonderful hymns: Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus and Trust and Obey.}

3 comments:

Annah's Blog said...

Amen! Trusting the Lord, I think is one of the hardest things for Christians to do, but its so nice when you have songs and Scripture to encourage you.
I love the pictures!

~Annah~

grammie said...

What fun!! Terrific pictures! I'm really liken what you're doing on this! Love the pics and songs/scriptures/poems. DID I SAY I LOVE THE PICTURES???? I hope I did, I meant to.
love you people

Morgan Family said...

Annah, I agree with you. Though what a joy it is to see Jesus work when we trust Him!

Grammie, Thanks! And yes you *did* say that you *love* the pictures! =)

Charity