Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

 

"True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the the urge to serve others at whatever cost."

"Greater love hath no man than this then a man lay down his life for his friends."
{John 15:13}
 

A heartfelt thank you to all the heroes who have laid down their lives, experiencing the ultimate sacrifice so we can experience the pleasures of freedom today.


Above all else...all praise and thanksgiving to Jesus for laying down His life for us, completely unworthy creations of His, so we can be forgiven and free...forever! No matter what happens. He is the picture of the ultimate sacrifice. On Memorial day, I am again reminded of His sacrifice for me, and for all who trust in Him for salvation!
Truly, we owe Him a lifetime of love, service, and gratitude...He alone is worthy of our everything.


When I survey the wondrous cross
on which the Prince of Glory died;
my richest gain I count but loss,
and pour contempt on all my pride.


Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
save in the death of Christ, my God;
all the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to his blood.



See, from his head, his hands, his feet,
sorrow and love flow mingled down.
Did e'er such love and sorrow meet,
or thorns compose so rich a crown?

Were the whole realm of nature mine,
that were an offering far too small;
love so amazing, so divine,
demands my soul, my life, my all.
{Words by Issac Watts}
 

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin;
that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."
{2 Corinthians 5:21}

1 comment:

grammie said...

Beautiful pictures and beautiful thoughts. Thank you Sweetheart. Love you