Friday, May 18, 2012

Visiting Nanaw and a Birthday Celebration

Two weeks ago, our family headed out on a road trip to visit our family up North. Our first stop was Kentucky, where we visited our Great Grandma...

 
She was delighted to have us and we were thankful for the time we got to spend with her! Her yard is absolutely gorgeous.



 
 
A couple quick pictures in her backyard before we headed to the downtown area. Nanaw showed us the house where our great great great grandpa lived, where she and Papa were married, where she grew up and so on. It was so neat to see places that have been special to her for many years. I think  God has blessed her with an amazing memory for being over ninety years old!



 



 
While in Kentucky, we got to go on one of the United States (there's only two of them!) double cross over diamonds. Since it's unique, a picture was in order...[smile]

 

Around noon, we continued on to Ohio, where we'd visit Dad's siblings and parents. The first event was an early birthday celebration (he'll be 2 on the 25th!) at the park with all our extended family...

Swinging the little ones is always a blast...

 
William wasn't sure what to think with everyone looking at him, so he was happy to have his best friend (Awan, as he calls her) by his side. [smile]



Trying to blow out the candles...


 



 
 
The kids were more then happy with the Capri sun's and cupcakes Grammie had generously picked out!
One little man particularly enjoyed his cupcake...especially the icing.


Opening gifts: "This looks sharp..." Our family was again blessed us by their generosity!


Like grandfather, like grandson.

Jared and James lookin' cool with their shades...[grin]

 
This little girl loves her Daddy...

And so this concludes our first day, part in Kentucky, and the rest in Ohio...so for all of you who've been anxiously anticipating this, I hope you enjoyed these pictures! Stay tuned for more in the coming days, Lord willing! [smile]

9 comments:

grammie said...

Thank you Sugars for posting these! They're great pictures and I love reliving your visit...even if it brings a few tears. I was especially tickled to see your visit to Nanaw. She was so delighted to have yall there and she was very impressed with the order that you kept in the house...even for such a "large family". :D Love you people!!

Mae said...

lovely pictures and so much fun to have you'll up here. sweet pictures with Nanaw...her yard does look beautiful. so neat you'll got to take her places and hear her stories...that is priceless.

Evan Feldman said...

Those are some great pictures! I especially liked the ones of of William. I'm guessing he's probably a little difficult to catch smiling? Haha, you sure caught him in that one where he is looking at the cupcake!
Now for a little... Reminder... Why did you not get me on your laptop cord? I hope your dad shopped them very well, because you can get ripped off on those really easy... Just saying, when you have access to a free computer tech, you should use him, lol
It's ok though, I will forgive and forget.

Morgan Family said...

You're welcome! We so appreciate all the work you did to have us! That's too funny about what Nanaw said regarding our "large family"! :)

Love you,
Charity

Morgan Family said...

Thank y'all for having us! We miss y'all and can't wait to see y'all in just 12 days! :)

Love y'all,
Charity

Morgan Family said...

I know I'm supposed to respond :"your mouth makes great compliments!" so that just what I did...
About the laptop cord: Dad purchased it from Amazon for only $7 and it seems decent and I'm very glad it only cost that much! But next time we'll have to remember our "free computer tech".

Charity

Evan Feldman said...

Haha, well Im glad that your dad shopped it very well before buying. $7 is a very good price! But, I still could have gotten it cheeper:)
As to my mouth making very good complaints... Why would you say that? I think I'm missing something here, lol. The SLR cameras are very nice, but I have seen people spend a lot more than you did, and not take nearly as good pictures. Good pictures are taken by the user, not the camera. (even though a good camera helps:) I really do mean what I say. So let me rephrase that, you, Anna, your dad, your, mom, and whoever else who's pictures you posted there, did a very good job! (as always) and, please, my iPad didn't say that, I did and mean it.

Morgan Family said...

Yes, my Dad does look into what he buys!
Remember what you said about photographers getting complimented on their pictures? So I was supposed to say that slightly wierd phrase back. As for the pictures, Dad took the one us kids are in (obviously!), Anna took the ones at Nanaw's and I took most of the others on here...it's a learning experience to get the right settings and so on and I still have ALOT to learn, but I do enjoy it! And it's a blessing to have a much nicer camera then I had a year ago...
Charity

Evan Feldman said...

Ohhhhhh, I get it, lol. Sorry i can be a little slow on these things... I didnt think you meant it that way.