Tuesday, November 20, 2012

"Yes, Lord!"...

I will humble myself before you.
I will seek you with my whole heart.
I will evangilize everyone I possibly can.
I will joyfully receive and obey your Word.
I will glorify you in everything, not being proud of what you've done through me.
I will be as holy as possible.
I will confess my sin.
I will come boldly before Your throne.
I will steer clear of anything that dims my view of Christ.
I will face persecution if it comes.
I will be a doer of your word.
I will go anywhere you send me.
By your grace, I will say "Yes, Lord!" in everything you call me too.

This was the phrase Dr. Bob Doom wanted us to keep in the forefront of our minds through the week of revival services held at our church the end of October.



"Jesus Christ was a proclaimer. A preacher. Christ...well able to rescue anyone from the bondage of sin."

"What kind of soil is my heart?"

"The first words of the gospel are repent and believe not "God loves you and has a wonderful plan for you life."

"Instead of the American Dream, we Christians should have the "Great American Bible Aspiration"...to live as holy as possible."

"Do I keep and do the Word of God? Jesus true family are his real followers (Luke 8:21)."

"With God nothing shall be impossible!"

"The devil is a terror: he came to kill, steal, and destroy. How we believers should run from His ways!"

"Can I testify that "I always do those things that please the Father..."?"

"God has the absolute right to direct everyone of our lives as He pleases."

"Jesus came to call sinners to repentance and righteousness, not the self righteous, for they don't see their need."

"A life lived for Jesus is a life all about full surrender."

"The prodigal son's pleas turned from "give me" to "make me" when he recognized his true condition. Such is the heart of the sinner when he sees himself the way God sees Him."

"Jesus grants repentance!"

"If all I have left to do is pray, I'm doing the best thing possible in any circumstance!"

"Am I praying earnestly that God would turn my generation into an army of preachers and missionaries?"

"Evangelism is just giving bread to the hungry."

"The fields are already white unto harvest! Where are the labourers?"
-Just a few quotes from my notes


Challenging, convicting and encouraging us to live for Jesus in every aspect of life, these meetings were a huge blessing to many!






Three excellent sermons were preached as a follow up to the revival messages...






"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men.  Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works!"
{Titus 2:11-15}

No comments: