Thursday, February 14, 2013

So Much Love...

{Written especially for all the "single" young lady readers...from my heart to yours...}

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases!"
{Lamentations 3:22}


Leading up to this Valentine’s Day, I’ve been thinking about how blessed I am to have so many wonderful people that love me. My parents, seven lively siblings who my life wouldn’t be the same without, many extended family members, and some dear friends. They’ve loved me in my best and worst moments and I’m privileged to love them back.

Then there’s Jesus…I marvel as I ponder how nothing, absolutely nothing will separate me from His love... "
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord!" {Romans 8:38-39} His forgiveness, mercy, patience, and continual teaching, correction, molding and guiding has me in awe of Him.


Somewhere in the past several years the time came when, even though I have so much love in my life already,  I began to desire love from someone, that someone very incredible I will want to spend the rest of my life with. Now questions are being asked of me as I grow older...

“Do you have a boyfriend, honey?” “Do any ‘cute’ {like that’s all that matters…it couldn't be farther from the truth, not to mention the definitions are as varied as the people!!} guys like you? Or "how will you know who the right guy is unless you date several?"  I know there are other questions people will probably ask in the future.




One of them would be this: “What’s your problem?! Single on Valentine’s day? You know all the guys out there…" Sure, there are lots of guys…more like “pennies” because girls settle for them, wanting satisfaction now. Yesterday, at Wal-Mart, I observed a few guys, who appeared no older than 16, pick out gifts and cards for whoever their current girlfriend is. As I looked for the items I wanted, I thought: “I wonder if they’ll have the same girlfriend to buy for next year…” The sad truth is, especially at their ages, next year several more girl friends will have come and gone in their lives. Pretty much any young adult could have someone if they were desperate enough…someone to date…to give their heart away to...to gain at a minimum emotional scars that will impact them {and often times future generations!} for the rest of their lives.



How different God's way is! A path of waiting, praying, preparing, hoping, more waiting and a lot more praying for that time you’ll finally be able to express and receive wholehearted, unbreakable, for life affection for and from that one…the only and first one of your life! The best is so obvious from this perspective! Do you want the penny worth now or the ONE TRILLION later?!

I obtained this take away from a recent quote I came across: “I’m not single, I’m reserved. Now some reservations don’t last long, while others require a long wait. Either way, I know that all good things take time!”




This Valentine’s Day, I must choose whether to feel sorry for myself, basking in self pity {woe is me for I’m waiting!} or praise the Lord for the truth He’s revealed on this subject and His strength to press on in righteousness. I can thank Him for all the wonderful people who tell me they love me, or complain that no someone has told me that yet. I can try to find my satisfaction in someone, or I can remember the God is the only one who can ever truly satisfy and delight myself in His love! I can not trust God and try to take my future into my own hands, settling for someone just seeking the pleasure of now instead of waiting for true love and God's timing, or I can rejoice in anticipation of God's abundant blessing He promises for those who trust Him!



So much love… I get to experience the joy of my cram packed, blessed life today, serving God where I am...my life with a much bigger purpose than marriage! Meanwhile, I’m anticipating the “happily ever after" of someday, whenever God appoints it! I know from everyone who’s walked this path before me that every single day of waiting will be very, very worth it in the end!



Today really is a wonderful one, rejoicing in all the love in my life! May all you young ladies readers be encouraged, not just on Valentine's Day, but everyday, in the overwhelming and absolute best love of Jesus Christ as this song so beautifully describes...
O the deep, deep love of Jesus, vast, unmeasured, boundless, free!
Rolling as a mighty ocean in its fullness over me!
Underneath me, all around me, is the current of Thy love
Leading onward, leading homeward to Thy glorious rest above!
O the deep, deep love of Jesus, spread His praise from shore to shore!
How He loveth, ever loveth, changeth never, nevermore!
How He watches o’er His loved ones, died to call them all His own;
How for them He intercedeth, watcheth o’er them from the throne!
O the deep, deep love of Jesus, love of every love the best!
’Tis an ocean full of blessing, ’tis a haven giving rest!
O the deep, deep love of Jesus, ’tis a heaven of heavens to me;
And it lifts me up to glory, for it lifts me up to Thee!
{Words by S. Trevor Francis}




{Pictures taken September 2010...you can go the archives to see all of them!}

6 comments:

Alayna May said...

Very cute pictures Charity!
Love,
Savana

Anonymous said...

Oh, Charity, very well said. We pray, too, that the Lord will give you patience and an unwaverving faith in your loving Father. We hope that you will wait for a man that shares your faith and convictions, and is worthy of your affection and love. ~Aunt Leah

Morgan Family said...

To God be the glory. And I hope and pray that God will make me worthy of such a man!! Thank you so much for your encouraging comment...it was a VERY big blessing to me. =) Love you!
Charity

Debra Morgan said...

Sweetheart, you did it again! This time with so much depth of heart that I could almost hear it beating! Those beautiful, encouraging words should be read by every single woman! I praise our Father for His work in your life!
I love you.

Morgan Family said...

Praise the Lord...and thank you so much for the encouragement! =)From the heart-that's exactly how I want it to be. Not something I feel forced to say because it's valentine's and think people expect me to say I'm excepting of my "status" {or at least sound like it} but rather because God has given me conviction and words! Love you!
Charity

hjurgelis said...

I completely agree. Being single isn't some curse, it's just you waiting for the perfect spouse that God has reserved for you. How happy your spouse will be that you didn't date innumerable guys! That you didn't give your first time to the first that came along! Such a wonderful post, and very cute pictures.

Hannah J
dreamingofperfect.weebly.com