Thursday, May 09, 2013

Celebrating God's Goodness

May 5th, 2013. What a humbling, encouraging, exciting, and altogether wonderful day it was!
 
After anticipating my graduation for many years, it's finally starting to sink in that it actually happened! It was a day filled with celebrating God's goodness...there was music, encouragement in God's word, edifying testimonies, laughter, and good fellowship. The undeserved love, and giving hearts of my family and friends was overwhelming.
 
 "O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever. O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever. To Him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever."
{Psalm 136:1-4}
 

 
The service started at 2:00 pm, with prayer and congregational singing.
 



He sings too, but wasn't at the moment! {I wanna kiss those adorable chubby cheeks!}



Next, there were music specials.
 

Farrah, Anna, Emily, Alayna, and Mom did such a wonderful job playing a beautiful arrangement."O the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus" and "Take My Life and Let it Be". {Thank you again, girls!}
 


Mom played piano while Dad, Anna and I sang. Mom did such a good job, and I was so happy she played for my graduation!
 

 
 

Next were the speeches! For the audience, I think {well hope} it's something they look forward to. But for us graduates...it's not always our favorite part. [grin]  However, for those who have much to be thankful for {myself included!}, though it was very nerve racking being on stage, it was an exciting opportunity to testify of God's love, goodness and mercy and thank those who've impacted our lives, primarily our family. Most of all praise was given to the Lord for truly, HE is the reason for any good thing in us and the giver of the countless blessings we have!
 
"Thank you all for the effort you made to attend this service!" 
"It's a good thing the cake's in the fellowship hall...or y'all would be here all day: I have so much to be thankful for!"
"...y'all will have to bear with me if this speech seems long, for it runs in the family!"
"It [school] was long and hard...but worth it!"
"Mom...just saying thank you seems insufficient!"
"I'm so thankful my father backs up his words with deeds! For example..."
"Anything good in me is a result of God's sanctifying work, and the hours of prayer and years of effort my parents have selflessly invested in me, of which I'm so undeserving!"
"Thank you, Dad and Mom for teaching me to work hard...I know it will serve me well."
"Growing up, I was the drama king...just ask my poor mother!"
"We {imaginary} pioneers set out to establish a town...while always being on guard for the ever threatening Indians!"
"I really hated this kitchen floor...yet I'm so thankful my mother recognized the importance of having me vacuum it with a happy heart!"
"I would have it no other way then to have spent all my growing years under my parents, training, correction and protection, surrounded everyday by me eight best friends!"
"From the bottom of my heart I can say my brothers and sisters are my best friends and one of the greatest joys in my life!"
"I'm so thankful for the joy of the Lord...I would be miserable without it!"
"Because of Him, I declare wholeheartedly the words of Psalm 103..."
"Anything good in me is because of Jesus Christ, and I can't wait to see how He'll use me to bring Him glory!"
"To God be the glory!"
{Just a few excerpts from the speeches...[smile]}
 
 
 
Pastor Pappas preached an excellent sermon, from 1 John 2.    "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever." "There is no middle ground...you either love Jesus with your all or you love the world!"
 
 
Presentation of Diplomas...
It's an emotional time {though nearly all the service is!} as the parents share memories of the child graduating, and then give them their diploma. Just like some graduate's speeches, you're easily laughing one moment and then have tears in your eyes the next!
 
After receiving our diplomas, we sang the fitting words...
"To God be the glory, great things he hath done! 
So loved he the world that he gave us his Son,
who yielded his life an atonement for sin,
and opened the lifegate that all may go in.
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
let the earth hear his voice! 
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
let the people rejoice!
O come to the Father thru Jesus the Son,
and give him the glory, great things he hath done!"
The service closed with prayer and then we graduates and our parents formed a receiving line, which lasted quite a while with all the guests present! [smile] Next came the reception...some people's favorite part!


Various friends, and family and of graduates made the fellowship hall look fantastic for the reception. I wish I had a picture of all the streamers on the ceiling! {Thank you again to each of you reading this who helped!}
 

Once again, Mrs. E made a cake that not only looked good, but tasted delicious!
 

Yes, this picture is rather dorky, but it's the only one I have of all the graduates, so I'm posting it anyway!


I was surprised Aunt Katherine got to come!


I'm so thankful for my aunts, uncles and their families. I was glad three of them were able to attend! I have accumulated many wonderful memories with them over the years. {Don't these lil' dudes look sharp!}




I don't have a picture of the whole table, but each graduate has a section with their picture board. It's so fun seeing pictures from other's growing up years!
 

"Feldorgan" graduates...Class of 2020 something. [grin] I'm sure glad it's not their turn yet! These two are hilarious together, and we older siblings attempt to smother our laughter listening to their conversations!
 




 


With my great aunt and Pop and Grammie...Pop and Grammie came all the way from Ohio to attend! {Thank y'all again!!}






Savana, Farrah, Alayna, along with Anna and I...so thankful for the encouraging friendship!
 

This picture is taken well after 9:00 pm, which is late for us to be opening gifts! My siblings had too much fun reading my cards and counting money! [grin]
 

And for now, my diploma resides on us girls dresser...
 
 
I hope all of you enjoyed a glimpse into the graduation day!
 
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren be ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that our labour is not in vain.
For eye hath not seen, neither hath ear heard, nor hath it entered into the heart of man the things that God hath prepared for them that love Him. And now unto him that is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we could ever ask or think be glory forever!" -Apostle Paul
 

17 comments:

Alayna May said...

You did a much better blog post about this event than I did, Charity! I might have to steal a few ideas and go edit mine...
It truly was a great, and exciting day for all of us! Thanks for posting!
Alayna

Susan Schmidt said...

I enjoyed seeing this!! I wish I could have been there. I'm still having a hard time believing I have a niece that's graduated... definitely reminding me of my age. :)
I love the colors of the decorations. They went together so well. I also loved seeing that Bro. Pappas preached. I still remember the sermon he preached at my graduation.
Congratulations again!

Morgan Family said...

Oh, I thought your post was great and very sweet! But you're more than welcome to "steal" anything from me, including pictures! :)
Charity

Morgan Family said...

It's too bad y'all couldn't come, but we look forward to seeing y'all soon!
Thank you! :) Love to you...
Charity

The Anders said...

Thanks for sharing pictures! Looked like a wonderful day!

Morgan Family said...

Your welcome {and yes, I know this some kinda record with me posting within a week of an event! ;)}...it sure was! =)
Charity

Brianna said...

Congratulations on your graduating!!! I can't wait to graduate next year. I really enjoyed seeing all of your pictures. May God richly bless you. :)

Morgan Family said...

Thank you...it sure is exciting to finish and celebrate! And it's wonderful to see God's continued leading and incredible blessings as I start a new season of life! Blessings...
Charity

mollykatelyn t said...

Thanks so much for posting this! You look beautiful! So happy for you & I was definitely thinking of you Sun, even tho I couldn't be there. Love you!!

mollykatelyn t said...

Thanks for posting all the pictures...how fun to look at them :) congratulations on graduating! I can't believe how the time has flown and that you are really old enough to graduate! makes me feel antique :) the cake was beautiful by Emily, will you please tell her so. your board needs to be saved till we can look at in person, please :). I didn't know you liked zebra...it is so cute and will be fun to look at. so glad your Grammie and Pop could come and Aunt Sandy, Aunt Katherine and Aunt Betty. I love the picture of Grandaddy laughing at the top. Did you get a picture with them? Oh, and I loved all the bright colors that you decorated with in such record time! Your dress is beautiful and looks like a fun happy day. Wish we could have been there. We love you.

Morgan Family said...

You're welcome...it was GREAT talkin' yesterday...though we still have more catchin' up to do! =;) Love you too!
Charity

Morgan Family said...

Thank you! I will {Lord willing!} tell Mrs. E what you said about the cake. And just wait 'til your DAUGHTER graduates to feel even more antique! =) Yes, they all did a great job decorating...Feldman and my siblings VERY faithfully reminded of how I was NOT to help! =) Zebra isn't my very favorite at all, it's just what walmart happened to have when we needed it. The zebra still showed alot even with all the pictures but that's okay...just a picture board! =) Anyway, thanks fot your comments. Love you too!
Charity

Morgan Family said...

P.S. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture with G&G...not surprising, eeh?

Anonymous said...

I loved getting to see all of the pictures, Charity. You looked beautiful and so old. : ) I'm very excited for you; it must feel really good to be done. It looks like it was a wonderful celebration!! So wish we could have been there; thank you for letting us experience some of it through the pictures.
~Aunt Leah

Morgan Family said...

It sure is! I'm glad you enjoyed your glimpse of the day, and I'm sure Grammie has told you ALL about it too! =;) love you...
Charity

Treasure said...

Congratulations Charity! I'm sorry we missed your special day:( Sundays are always so busy for us...
it looks like a wonderful day, and you must feel so excited about what the Lord has planned for your future. Love you and pray God's abundant blessings on your life!

Treasure

Morgan Family said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment, Treasure! I miss seeing y'all too...would've loved to attend Paul's graduation! I look forward to whenever the opportunity arises to catchup! =) love and blessings to you...
Charity