Thursday, May 23, 2013

He Knows...

 

Watching the peach trees bloom, I'm reminded of how God's creation changes, according to His word, in the way He has before ordained. These trees thrive in the sunshine and rain He provides. God knows just what they need and they are totally dependent upon Him for their growth, following His plan and producing much fruit in their season.




In the same way how comforting and wonderful to know that "the Lord knoweth the way of man, he pondereth all His goings."

He knows and sees it all...Failures and Successes...Patient waiting...Quick Obedience...Heartfelt prayers...Quiet Service...Complete Trust...Total Surrender. He promises strength, patience, mercy, love, and eternal rewards to name a few.

But He first calls me to give him my all: "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." {Romans 12:1}




Truly, with complete surrender comes great joy. Too often I forget this as events arise where I'm tempted to want my own way but in retrospect, I realize that when my heart's desire has become "not my will but thine be done," and "be it unto me according to Thy word"...I have time and time again found peace and true joy...the kind only the Lord provides!


 
Because of everything He is to me, I must daily "present my body a living sacrifice". He knows everything, including how surrendered I am to Him. As Andrew Murray said:
 
"God is ready to assume full responsibility for the life wholly yielded to Him. May not a single moment of my life be spent outside the light, love and joy of God's presence and not a moment without the entire surrender of myself as a vessel for Him to fill full of His Spirit and His love."
 

{These are just my random thoughts today as I [only by His grace!] walk the narrow road. May they encourage you in doing the same!}

1 comment:

Alayna May said...

Beautiful post Charity! I love how the Lord gives us so many parallels in nature to how he cares for, leads and grows us. Thank you for pointing this out today- it's a real encouragement to read!