Sunday, May 12, 2013

Our Wonderful Mother...

This Mother's Day Mom is eight months pregnant and feeling miserable with the cold bug, along with most of us. Allergy problems and incessant coughing have kept her up hours the past few nights and yet...I haven't heard her complain once.
 
She sacrifices daily, investing all her energies...to the very last ounce...in our family. She takes on the challenges of life in the Lord's strength, striving to walk in His joy. She embraces the highest calling for a woman: being a submissive keeper at home. She is daily pouring herself into the next generation...constantly giving, patiently teaching, continually praying, cheerfully encouraging, and selflessly loving. Not because it's easy, but because it's the best job in the world to raise children for God's glory...so His kingdom would be advanced around the world. Her example creates my desire to follow in her footsteps, so His name would be great among the nations!
 
A simple "thank you" seems insufficient as I just to begin to think on all my wonderful mother has instilled and invested in me!
 
How true are these words of William Ross Wallace:
"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world."
 
We love you, Mom...
 
 
CHARITY
 
 

ANNA
 
 

IVAN
 
 

ELLEN
 
 

ANDREW




ALANNA
 
 

WILLIAM
 
 
 
And the little man we all can't wait to meet!
 
 
"Her children arise up and call her blessed, her husband also, and he praiseth her!"

4 comments:

Susan Schmidt said...

You do have an amazing mom, Charity! I have seen that from the time you were a baby and your mom is also a great example and encouragement to me.
I can't wait to meet the littlest boy too! Teresa, you look so good and so tiny!

Alayna May said...

I love these pictures!!! Great idea... Charity, you were soooooo cute, In the first pic! And your mom looks quite different than she does now. I can hardly wait to see your new little brother.
Blessings,
Savana

Morgan Family said...

I can hardly wait either!! And I'll be thrilled to meet that precious new sibling of yours too! =) Definitely exciting times in our homes these days!...
Charity

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures! What a sweet idea. You're Mom is a wonderful woman; I'm glad that you took the time to post these.
~Aunt Leah