Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Happy Birthday...

June 25, 2008 {just a few days after birth...}


3 months old...lookin' like a baby doll! 

Today!!

Five years...oh how wonderful they've been! Welcoming her into the world, we didn't know if she would be deformed, mentally impaired or even live, but our merciful God knew and He was with us, as our help and comfort, as He worked through doctor's hands. {You're welcome to go here to read Alanna's story...} How thankful I am for God's mercy and goodness! His way is so perfect...

I had just started blogging when Alanna was born so they are many pictures of her throughout the archives. Going back to 2008, there are plenty of newborn pictures, and it sure is fun to walk down memory lane. {If you can tolerate the sometimes ridiculous post format and horridly blurry pictures I captured!}

She's our precious person, and very pretty girl {side note: "Alanna" means "pretty girl"} of the family! I love her chipper voice, her imagination, the pictures she draws, how she loves her little brothers, her fun expressions, her cheerfulness, her hilariously slow way of doing things, her hugs, her laughter...  I love all the sunshine she adds to our lives everyday, reminding me yet again how much I have to be thankful for!

We love you muchly, Alanna...





She wanted to stand on the crate!




Bless the Lord
O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. 
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:  
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;   
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction;
 who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies!"
{Psalm 103:1-4}


6 comments:

grammie said...

Goodnight!!! What a kid! Love those pictures! Especially the black and white! She is such a cutie and I agree with every description you gave of her dear self! love yall!!

Annah's Blog said...

Happy birthday, Alanna! You are a pretty girl. Its easy to see what a joy you are to your family.

~Annah~

Savana Feldman said...

Happy Birthday Alanna!!! What a big girl... Five years old!
Cute pictures Charity:)
Savana

Morgan Family said...

Actually the picture credits go to Anna! I'd talked to Alanna about taking some and while I was doing a piano lesson she told Anna about getting pictures....once I was done I was surprised to see all these gorgeous shots on the card! I can't get over how grownup she looks.
And Emaline's phone call was way too cute...made us all laugh! =)
Hugs,
Charity

Kaitlyn Bergen said...

How precious!

The Anders said...

Happy Birthday to a sweet girlie! Adorable pictures.