Wednesday, July 17, 2013

'Eat Mor Chikin'

Chickfila is a definite favorite restaurant of ours! Not only do they have delicious food, but they are the only restaurant chain I know of that honors the Lord's day by being closed. Additionally, they've become more widely known this past year for their stand against homosexuality. In our day, it's so refreshing and encouraging to see even large corporations still standing for truth!

July 12th was "Cow Appreciation Day". If you dress up like a cow, you don't just get a free chicken sandwich. You get a free meal. We're talking $8 meals! Our family ordered $56 worth of sandwiches, fried potatoes and drink, receiving them all for free! Lord willing, we'll be making this a yearly tradition!

They had to prove they were dressed like cows so they could get their free meal!


Deliciousness...All of us kids noticed that this was the first time we'd gone out as a family and gotten our own meal, including a drink! It was sure good.


Definitely some of the best lookin' cows I've ever seen!


Somebody called him a calf...and also made comments about our family being a stampede! [grin]


Thanks to Dad for capturing we cows!

"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men. Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world. Looking for that blessed hope and the glorious appearing, of the great God, our Savior, Jesus Christ."
{Titus 2:11-12}

9 comments:

grammie said...

Ya'll had to have gotten a lot of attention! You are the BEST lookin herd I have ever seen!! And, I don't know who helped the Cakes with the dress ups, but, WOW! You did a TERRIFIC job! Great photography too!!

Kaitlyn Bergen said...

Aw, that's awesome! I've never been to Chickfila, but I'd love to go sometime. I remember getting free meals at Chipotle if we dressed in tinfoil. Definitely a memorable experience. :)
~Katie

Morgan Family said...

Katie,
Free food from Chipotle...now that would be great! We got one in our town a few months back, and, after having been there only once it's one of my favorites, if not *the* favorite restaurant of mine! I hope they do it again...=)
Charity

Savana said...

Wow! That looks like SUCH fun! I hope we can do it next year with y'all! Y'all did a great job dressing like "cows"! Jonathan was soooo cute...
Savana

Susan Schmidt said...

What a good looking herd. :)

Patrick and Hannah Walsh said...

Cute cows!

mollykatelyn t said...

I love it!! You guys had me dying laughing:)-super cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, this is cute! So glad you all were able to eat out; what fun!!! I love the "stampede" comment. : )
~Leah

Diwakar said...

Sister Morgan, great to know your family through your profile on the blogger. I am glad that I stopped by your blog. Your life in the Lord Jesus speaks through the smiles on the faces of your family. I am glad to know that you are a Pastor's daughter. I too am in the Pastoral ministry for last 33 yrs and have two daughters and a son all of them are married. I am serving the Lord in the great city of Mumbai, India a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people as well as adults from the West to come on a short term missions trip to work with us. We would love to have young people come on a short term missions trip from your church to work with us. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.