Monday, July 15, 2013

The 1000th Post {GREAT is the LORD!}

"I will praise thee, O Lord, among the people:  For thy mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the clouds. 
be Thou exalted 
 O God, above the heavens: let thy glory be above all the earth." 
{Psalm 57:7-9}

It's impossible to reflect upon these past five years of blogging without greatly rejoicing in the Lord...His abundant mercy. His incredible goodness. His perfect provision. His life changing power. His clear guidance. His great faithfulness. His steadfast love. The list could go on endlessly!

I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever. Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever. Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable. One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts.I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works.And men shall speak of the might of thy terrible acts: and I will declare thy greatness.They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and shall sing of thy righteousness.
{Psalm 145: 1-7} 

Thank you to each of you for the hundreds of encouraging comments y'all have written over the years, and for the times you've prayed for us.  I never would've thought God could use this lil' corner of the web...the place where I share approximately ten percent of what God is doing in our daily life...to bless so many of you.  To Him alone be the glory!

For this 1000th post, I do have one request: I would love for e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e to leave a comment, especially those of y'all who've never introduced yourselves!  It could be as simple as listing the state or country where you reside. I can't wait to read them!

 

The Lord is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works. All thy works shall praise thee, O Lord; and thy saints shall bless thee.They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power;To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom.Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations.The Lord upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down.The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season. Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing.The Lord is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.The Lord preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever.
{Psalm 145:8-21}

As the Lord wills, I'm beyond excited to experience His greatness in our lives these next five years!!

11 comments:

Miss Leah said...

I have loved getting to be updated as to what's going on in your family and see how the children are growing.

Savana said...

WOW! 1000 posts! Your blog has been SUCH an encouragement to us {me}!
Y'all have done a great job capturing the sweet moments of life and sharing them on here... I always look forward to seeing more!
Thank you for keeping us updated!
Love and hugs~
Savana
P.S LOVE the way you did the family picture! You have your next teaching assignment lined up=)

Evan Feldman said...

1,000.. Wow, that's a lot of snapping and typing.
Great job. It's neat to see Christ shining through y'all

Renata said...

Congratulatns on 1000 posts!!!!
I am a reader,but a terrible commenter. I live in Australia on a small farm in south western NSW. I have so enjoyed reading your blog through email!
God bless you
Renata:)

Susan Schmidt said...

I think you know where I live! :)
Congratulations on 1,000 posts!

mollykatelyn t said...

1,000 posts-wow!! You go, girls!!

The Anders said...

Okay, so my name is Joy. I live in south Florida and oh yeah, you know who I am. :)

grammie said...

How can it be that long!!!??? You do such a wonderful job and I look so forward to every post! btw....tell Daddy that he has never looked more pastoral than with "cow" ears.
love you precious people to pieces!!!!! (hah! alliterated sweet talk!)

{ jessica } said...

Hello :] It's me, Jessica! I just started following your blog, but I look forward to more in the future.

Morgan Family said...

THANK YOU to each of you for your encouraging words. I really appreciate them!
God bless y'all! =)
Charity

Anonymous said...

Love seeing pictures, and staying a bit updated on what is happening "down south".
~leah