Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Salsa Makin'...

[This post is the overdue follow up to the sowin' and reapin' one  I posted last month.]
A new experience this summer for me was canning, which I thoroughly enjoyed and hope to do more of. This salsa {which I and my assistants, primarily Anna, made several batches of} was definitely some of the best we've had!






You should've smelled our house while it was simmerin' on the stove!



Nothin' quite like fresh garden produce, and the delicious blend of tomatoes, onion, garlic, corn and cilantro...yum!
\
"O taste and see that the LORD is GOOD
blessed is the man that trusteth in Him!"
{Psalm 34:7}

4 comments:

Susan Schmidt said...

I canned salsa one year and we loved it! Enjoy!

Savana Feldman said...

I heard all about the "piles" of tomatoes in your house, when my family came back from deliverin' the meal! It's such a blessing having homegrown vegetables that you can turn into all sorts of delicious meals!
Great job!
Savana

grammie said...

that looks really good!!

The Huron Family said...

Yum! this salsa looks delish:)