Monday, September 02, 2013

I Stand AMAZED...

 I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene,
And wonder how He could love me,
A sinner, condemned, unclean.

O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
Is my Savior’s love for me!

For me it was in the garden 
He prayed: “Not My will, but Thine.”
He had no tears for His own griefs,
But sweat drops of blood for mine.

O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
Is my Savior’s love for me!

He took my sins and my sorrows,
He made them His very own;
He bore the burden to Calvary,
And suffered and died alone.

O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
Is my Savior’s love for me!

When with the ransomed in glory
His face I at last shall see,
’Twill be my joy through the ages
To sing of His love for me.

O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
Is my Savior’s love for me!
{Words by Charles H. Gabriel}



Tonight, this song has been continually running through my head.  

"For me he prayed not my will but thine..."
"He had no tears for His own griefs but shed His blood for mine and He took my sins and my sorrows..."
"He suffered and died alone..."

As I meditate on what Jesus has done, these questions come to mind to ask of myself, while knowing that without His enabling grace I can do nothing good...
Shouldn't His submission to God the Father drive me to live completely surrendered to His will, seeking to bring Him glory? 
Shouldn't His giving His life for me drive me to be completely sold-out to Him, pouring my life out in His service?
Shouldn't His suffering separation from God the Father and dying alone drive me to willingly experience the bit of ridicule and scorn others cast may cast upon me in standing alone for righteousness and sharing the gospel?
Shouldn't His granting me true life drive me to tell everyone of His glorious gospel, and to go anywhere he sends me, so all the world may hear the news of His redemption...to know of the real life that comes only from knowing Him?
Shouldn't His promise of eternal life with Him drive me to face joyfully the challenges of living the aforementioned life, knowing that the best is yet to come?


I stand AMAZED...
Not only at His redemption, but at who JESUS is and what JESUS does...every single dayDemonstrations of His love and mercy. Experiencing His faithfulness and forgiveness. Following and rejoicing in His provision and guidance...sometimes it just seems too good to be true. Reflecting upon what He's done and is doing, I simply can't describe it all, and how unworthy I am of such. I pray each of you who read these words can also say that "It'll be my JOY through the ages to sing of HIS love for me!"

"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and His ways past finding outFor who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to Him be glory forever. Amen."{Romans 11:33-36}

3 comments:

grammie said...

Beautiful photos and very beautiful thoughts!! From a beautiful girl!
love you

wingslikeaneagle said...

Wow! This post really ministered to me today! :) Thank you!
Blessings,
Katie

Morgan Family said...

Katie...
I'm sorry I accidentally deleted your comment. Thank you for the encouragement!
Blessings,
Charity