Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Stark Contrast // the food on our table //

 When our grandparents were down visiting several weeks ago, they treated us to a delicious meal at Cracker Barrel.  We're so blessed by their thoughtfulness and generosity!








 Looking at the delicious meal in front of us, I couldn't help but think about the people who don't have even the most staple foods consistently. I thought back to a few months ago when Anna, Ivan, several friends, and myself spent time at MFI, packing "manna packs" for children overseas.  Each pack has enough vitamin powder, dehydrated vegetables, soy and rice to provide a meal for six children.  When given the opportunity, several us sampled the cooked manna packs.  They were...well...not so tasty. This is the only food these precious children get; and it's something we spoiled Americans would complain about! The realization of this has reminded us again of this blessing we easily take foregranted; complaining about our food should be unheard of!  Everyday we are blessed with good food for which to be thankful.  What a stark contrast with millions around the world.




"And having food and raiment let us be therewith content."
{1 Timothy 6:8}

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! one of my favorite places to eat:) Grandparents are the best! I agree with all you said...I was reminded of that when I was in Honduras a few months ago. We have been blessed, no doubt! Praying you and your family are all doing well,
Treasure

Morgan Family said...

Thanks for commenting, Treasure! I'm sure Honduras was an amazing, unforgettable experience. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers too!
Blessings to you...
Charity

Anonymous said...

What a nice outing with your Grandparents!

Looking at those pictures make me hungry!


Keeping you all in prayer,

Colin Limbeek

grammie said...

Such beautiful pictures!! Such beautiful memories they represent! Thanks for posting this, Dear One. Love you moocho.