Thursday, November 27, 2014

Give Thanks Always


 {Just some notes from a powerful, convicting, and encouraging sermon Grandaddy preached this past Lord's day, and a few pictures from today...}




It is a pity that I have to be reminded to be thankful, for if I continually dwelt on God's goodness I wouldn't complain.  What a terrible condition for my focus to so easily stray to seeking satisfaction in earthly things, causing me to miss experiencing the sweet satisfaction found in serving God.  How consistent am I to thank God for every little blessing?





Naturally, it is easy to praise Him when things are going well. But, when trials come is when my true colors show.  To give thanks in ALL things,  I must recognize God's sovereignty and all powerful ability. 







If I truly believe God can do ANYTHING,  I won't fret and worry my way through any circumstance.  To do so shows I don't rest in the fact the GOD IS IN CONTROL.  Give thanks TODAY, in the HERE and NOW.  NOTHING happens without God allowing it.  Am I murmuring my way through a difficulty or am I taking the next step, resting in and trusting Him?  How do I face "impossibilities"?  Will I trust the God of the impossible, knowing that He can turn a test of faith into a testimony of His faithfulness?




I'm commanded to offer the SACRIFICE of PRAISE CONTINUALLY, the fruit of my lips GIVING THANKS unto His name!  Because God works ALL things for good, which is ultimately whatever will bring Him the most glory,  I PRAISE HIM.
"In EVERYTHING GIVE THANKS for this is the WILL OF GOD in Christ Jesus concerning you!"

Today we take time to reflect on God's blessings.  Truly, they are far more than can be numbered! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

2 comments:

grammie said...

Very encouraging!! thank you, Sweetie! Love the pictures too!

Treasure Huron said...

And what beautiful weather to come, just for Thanksgiving! It looks like a wonderful day...
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Treasure