Sunday, April 05, 2015

Our Risen Savior

Only ONE man conquered the grave...Jesus is ALIVE!   How awesome to spend the day enjoying the freedom to worship Him.  To rejoice in the reality of His Resurrection;  that He's opened this to our understanding through His life-transforming Gospel. What a vibrant life is ours when we KNOW our Redeemer liveth! 

"I know, I know, that Jesus liveth,
And on the earth again shall stand;
I know, I know, that life He giveth,
That grace and power are in His hand!"
-Jessie Pounds

I'm reminded of the fantastic privilege and responsibility upon me to declare His gospel...being filled with Him, spreading His love to others.  What Luke recorded after Jesus' Resurrection pressed this on my heart:

"Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,  And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:  And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached IN HIS NAME among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.  And ye are witnesses of these things.  And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.  And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them.  And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.  And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:  And were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God. Amen."

{Who wants a picture-less post? At least we have one of Ellen and Alanna from today...[smile]}
Happy Resurrection Sunday!

1 comment:

Susan Schmidt said...

When did Ellen get so tall?!! Everyone is growing up too much! :)